Storm Eunice - Disruption to Services.
Storm Eunice - the story.
Storm Eunice has visited Bucks and left a trail of destruction. There were reports of a lorry being blown over in Long Crendon, and accidents on the M40 and numerous rural roads.
Here are some scenes from across the county on Friday.
Aylesbury Town Centre, by the Blue Leanie.
A418 to Wing, Blocked Road.
Chilterns Railways services were cancelled, with lines blocked in and out of Marylebone.
Hughendon Village Hall.
Chartridge Lane, Chesham.
Bell Lane, Little Chalfont. Trampoline in the tree.
Storm Eunice may cause significant disruption due to extremely strong winds today.
What to expect
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur , perhaps affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees
Storm Eunice causing significant disruption and dangerous conditions due to extremely strong winds on Friday
What to expect
- Flying debris resulting in danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- Power cuts affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage.
The Latest from the Met Office.
The latest Closure notices from Bucks Council.
School Bus Routes
If your school is open can you get there.
Debris on the Roads
Transport for Buckinghamshire crews are on standby to clear debris or fallen trees or to react to flooding. Report problems here.
Household Waste Collections
Check which bin collections are effected by Storm Eunice.
You are strongly recommend NOT TO TRAVEL by train today.
COVID-19 vaccination clinics
- The Guttmann Centre Mass Vaccination site in Stoke Mandeville will be closed tomorrow, Friday 18 February.
- The Health on the Move vaccination van’s planned visit to Gerrards Cross tomorrow has also been cancelled.
- All Buckinghamshire Libraries will be closed Friday 18 February only- this is due to potential lack of staff and volunteers, due to school closures and disrupted travel.
- All Bucks Country Parks (including all car parks) will be closed on Friday 18th February due to the arrival of Storm Eunice and the extreme winds forecast. The parks aim to re-open from 10am on Saturday (at the earliest) subject to safety inspections being completed. Bucks Council strongly advise you not to try to enter the parks during this period for your own safety.