To assist with external client work in the Outsourced Accounting Services team, namely Bookkeeping, VAT Returns, management accounts, preparation of accounts and basic corporation tax calculations.
To deliver an excellent client service at all times; to ensure that all client requests are responded
to within 24 hours of receipt, whether this is answering the query or advising when you will answer
the query; to always be friendly, professional and courteous.
To appreciate ‘Time is Money’ by being aware of budgets and identifying problem areas to the
Outsourced Accounting Services Manager or Director before time is over ran.
To be at all times an ambassador for Seymour Taylor and to look out for opportunities to expand the business, increase sales and save costs.
To deal with any ad hoc financial project, on a timely basis, as delegated by the Managing
Director, another director, work planning or the Outsourced Accounting Services Manager.
To carry out any reasonable task requested of you by a director or manager.
Seymour Taylor is an award-winning firm of Accountants operating as part of the Hampden Group. We offer the services of a large corporate accountancy firm with the personal touch normally associated with a smaller accountancy practice. As one of the longest established firms of accountants in High Wycombe and the Thames Valley, our highly experienced team of
accountants, tax and business advisers offer a wealth of expertise to our clients.
• Assist in the preparation of management accounts for clients from their records as
• Post sales, purchases, bank and journal entries, prepare and reconcile control accounts to
produce required reports for management account purposes.
• Write up clients’ cashbooks on whichever software systems they use.
• Assist in the preparation of VAT returns and highlight any unusual items ready for review.
• Prepare sensible analysis, summaries and basic working papers.
• Ensure that work is correctly referenced and cross referenced to other work on the file and
in the case where draft accounts are prepared the draft accounts and lead schedules should
be agreed and referenced.
• Understand depreciation and be confident preparing and agreeing fixed asset registers.
• Understand basic accruals and prepayments, where to look for them and how to calculate
• Make constructive notes for the reviewer and be able to identify unusual items.
• Understand double entry system.
• Post working papers to Iris and prepare basic accounts.
• When required, work in the audit and accounts department on AP work.
• To assist in payrolls when requested by the Payroll Manager.
• Be confident on Excel formula and basic formatting.
• Carry out admin tasks as requested.
• Ensure all clients’ needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a
rapport with the client and anticipating requirements.
• Feedback to OAS team or manager on any value-adding recommendations for
improvements in processes and controls in clients’ records or systems.
• To maintain knowledge of accounting packages.
• To maintain knowledge of VAT.
• Help to train and support more junior staff.
• To notify the company’s money laundering nominated officer of any circumstances that
might be reportable under the money laundering regulations.