Nathan Cooper

10:00am - 2:00pm

• Jamline 01296 929929

Now Playing

Boo Radleys

Wake Up Boo!

Download

Remembering loved ones with Forever Red Roses at Waddesdon Manor

Runs until Sunday, 28 April 2024 (See all dates)

Time
10:00 - 17:00
Venue
Waddesdon Manor, Aylesbury, HP18 0JH
Price
£35 suggested donation per flower

Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity has partnered with Waddesdon Manor for its third Forever Flowers event to celebrate and remember loved ones this spring.

More Information (Bucks Radio is not responsible for external websites)

A stunning, temporary display of 750 bespoke metal red roses will be installed in the Rose Garden. Each rose will represent the life of a loved one.

The Charity is offering its supporters the opportunity to be a part of this event by dedicating one of these limited Forever Red Roses, which also includes an invitation to a private viewing of the display on Monday 15th April whilst the grounds are closed to the public. The Forever Red Roses installation will then remain on display to the public for two weeks. Once the installation is removed, those who have dedicated a flower will be able to take it home to display as a forever keepsake.

Lyn Denham, Community and Events Manager at the Charity told us “We are delighted to hold our third Forever Flowers event at the beautiful Waddesdon Manor. This year is the Charity’s 35th anniversary and we have chosen a red rose to commemorate this, appropriately we have been given use of the Rose Garden to hold our Forever Flowers event.

A red rose is the enduring symbol of love, and each of the 750 roses represents the life and memory of a loved one. We hope that this event will provide the opportunity for our supporters to celebrate a loved one with a lasting tribute – a beautiful Forever Red Rose.”

Jackie visited the Forever Flowers display last year, after her sister had dedicated a Forever Forget-Me-Not in memory of their mother. Jackie told us “My sister surprised me by dedicating a Forget-Me-Not to our mum, it was a memory I will treasure forever. The display was beautiful with such striking colours and the birds from the Aviary sang beautifully in the background. Seeing our mum’s name on the dedication board was an emotional, but special moment. It was a very well planned, and lovely event.”

By dedicating a Forever Red Rose, supporters will be helping the Charity to provide excellent local hospice care and be there for more patients and families across Buckinghamshire and its borders.

Venue

Waddesdon Manor
Waddesdon,
Aylesbury
HP18 0JH

More details for this venue

Dates

The event runs from 10:00 to 17:00 on the following dates.
Select a date to add this event to your calendar app.

Aylesbury Duck Race 2024

You got to be in it to win it

How To Listen - It's Easy!

Download our apps

Our Apps are now available for iOS, Android and Smart Speakers

Listening on Smart Speakers

Making it easier for you to connect to Bucks Radio via your smart speakers.

Follow Us